How We Care: Education
One of our key community projects are in education. We have constructed 11 school buildings and regularly distribute school supplies to the students in the host communities. We provide support and assistance to these school children through the Basic Education Assistance for Mindanao (BEAM), and we also supported Alternative Learning System (ALS) and Functional Literacy projects.
Among our projects are:
- Every school year we distribute “Balik Eskuwela” (back-to-school) packages to support elementary and high school students. Over 2,000 sets of school bags and school supplies were distributed to all pupils and students in the host barangays annually over the past 10 years.
- We have built 11 two-classroom school buildings to address classroom backlogs within our host communities. We also support the establishment of outdoor play facilities for the Day Care Center.
- We regularly support the various initiatives of the Department of Education and the LGU such as Brigada Eskuwela, Nutrition Month and Culmination Programs of the schools.
- Women, farmers, and community leaders are trained to enhance their skills, knowledge, attitudes, and practices through various seminars, trainings, and educational tours in relation to various livelihood and development projects. Some of these projects include banana production, coffee production, food processing, and sustainable agriculture in collaboration with academe, sustainable agriculture centers, Bureau of Plant Industry and Nestle Philippines.
- Series of livelihood film-viewing were undertaken in many villages (puroks) as livelihood technology support.